Dimensional Signage by Britten Décor
To renew the passion of Red Raider fans and attract greater national interest for their athletic programs, Texas Tech University announced in 2015 their Campaign for Fearless Champions. Providing student-athletes with world-class opportunities to compete, train, and achieve at the highest levels, they succeeded in their fundraising goals and the recently completed their brand new, state-of-the-art Sports Performance Center in Lubbock, TX.
From concept to execution, Britten oversaw complete project management which continued on site for weeks leading up to the fabrication and installation of this project. In-house industrial and 3D design allowed for control over every detail, from start to finish.
The grand entrance is a testimonial to the multi-faceted capabilities that Britten was able to deliver to this visually spectacular architectural project.
Product features included:
- Dimensional signage for the Red Raiders included a variety of substrates, including natural wood, metal and acrylic. LED backlighting on focal elements created a dynamic presentation both day and night.
- Each team in the Big 12 Conference were represented along the bulkhead separating the upper & lower level, constructed from 1″ Komatex material and painted white, and bordered with a 1/4″ acrylic accent.
- The “Wreck ’em Tech” letters were plasma-cut from 16-gauge steel by Britten’s Metalworks division, and powder-coated with a sandstone rust for a weathered look.
- Britten also coordinated in the installation of the display cases in the north & south corridors, which featured 1/2″ tempered glass with a frosted overlay. The aluminum Under Armour logo was powder coated black. Custom shelves inside the display cases were also welded from steel.
- Woodworking for the for the canopy overhang were fashioned from maple hardwood in an exhibit that would feature mannequins in the upper corridor.
- Ceiling decals were designed by Britten’s graphic team and applied using an imprinted specialty 3M decal.
- Additionally, a pair of 9′ H x 16′ W BriteWall LED display systems were installed flush to the wall, featuring changeable backlit graphics.
- Over a dozen licensed & insured installers coordinated the project management, which was completed in time for the 2017 fall season.
Are you planning new construction or renovation to your facilities? We’d love to hear from you, and discuss your special project at 888.863.8201.
Download the case study here: